Tuesday, February 12, 2013

0

Cigar Ashtray...

  • Tuesday, February 12, 2013
  • Unknown
  • AppId is over the quota

    by Don
    (Belleville, Michigan, USA)






    I took a welding and fabrication course at my local community college. For the final project, we had to think of something to make for ourselves. I couldn't really think of what I wanted, so I thought I would make something for someone else. I would visit my brother in law in New York City, and he would always offer me a cigar after dinner. After we would enjoy our cigars, he just tossed the butts onto his metal awning outside his porch. So I decided I would make him something to put his cigar butts in.


    For the project, I chose to make the box out of 14 ga mild steel. I use oxy-acetylene for all my welds except the plug weld I did for my cut tubes I used for cigar holders. The box warped slightly due to all the heat, but it seems that I am the only one who notices it. lol If someone else chooses to do this project, I would suggest tig welding it and reconfiguring the cigar holder layout. It was my first personal project with welding, so I hope you guys are not too harsh about my welds. LOL thanks I hope you like it.

    0 Responses to “Cigar Ashtray...”


    *Important - If you want to be informed of any replies to your comment, check the "Subscribe By Email" before submitting. Please Do Not Spam

    Post a Comment







    Custom Search